Wednesday, August 02, 2006

WHY MUST I LOVE THE MOST?

This is another one of my romantic poems. I prefer to write funny ones, but have found that some, women mostly, relate to the romantic ones.

WHY MUST I LOVE THE MOST?

Why am I always the one who loves the most?
Of this dumb trait I do not boast
Oh why am I trapped in this silly syndrome?
Of giving men more than I get from them
How can I escape this dizzy dither?
And be more a taker and less a giver
I could avoid my poor heart aching
If I did less giving and a lot more taking
Perhaps I should try not to smother
That seems to make them run for cover
I think I’ll try a lighter touch
Next time I’m not going to give so much
And then at last I’ll make this boast
I’m not the one who loves the most


By Sue Raymer Woods
October 10, 2005

No comments: