Sunday, August 20, 2006

AN ODE TO JACK DANIELS

Believe it or not, I was sober when I wrote this.

AN ODE TO JACK DANIELS

Jack Daniels is the most loyal man I’ll ever know
So I take him with me wherever I go
When spending time with ole Number Seven
I feel just like I’ve entered heaven
Whenever the world gets down on me
I just have a talk with my friend Jack D.
Jim Beam’s a swell guy, but as long as I’m able
I’ll stick with my guy who wears the black label
Southern gentlemen have always appealed to me
But none are as smooth as my man from Tennessee
He’s been my close friend when I’m up or down
While that Johnny Walker just makes me frown
I’m seeing you now through a hazy funk
But I’m not drink, GIMME ANOTHER DRUNK!
I’ve done lots of things I don’t recall
When I’m under the alka fluence of incahol.
Sometimes I think I do too much drinking
So I’ve made up my mind. I’m gonna quit…...thinking

By Sue Raymer Woods
8/19/06

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is VERY funny.

Anonymous said...

Love this one!

Anonymous said...

This poem is for shiz!! it says it all =) <3 Absolutly luv it!

Angie Arnold said...

Love this poem, Sue!