Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I’M UNLUCKY AT LOVE

I’M UNLUCKY AT LOVE

I’m unlucky at love; I’m no good at romance
Dear Lord tell me why, I fall for a guy, who won’t give me a chance
I’m unlucky at love; each new love brings me pain
If a guy says he’ll call, I’m certain to fall, but won’t see him again
I’m unlucky at love; I go from joker to joker
I’m no good at romance; I’d have a far better chance, if I only played poker
I’m unlucky at love, at romance I don’t rate
How bad can it get? I think I’ll place a bet, on my next inside straight
I’m unlucky at love; each affair I regret
I just cannot win, If I’m going to spin, I should just play roulette
I’m unlucky at love; at romance I’m a dud
I’m so sure to lose, I think I should choose, to avoid the next thud
I’m unlucky at love; I should try a new game
What else can I do? I just haven’t a clue, so it’s me I should blame
I’m unlucky at love; love never lasts like it should
I just can’t get it right, and I’m tired of the fight, so I’m quitting for good

By Sue Raymer Woods
October 10, 2005

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice poem. Keep it up.