Monday, August 07, 2006

COLD REVENGE

Sometimes unrelated events will trigger a new poem. Recently, when reaching into my sewing cabinet for scissors, I pulled out my pinking shears instead. That triggered writing Cold Revenge. For non-sewers, pinking shears are used to finish seams. They cut in a ziz-zag pattern instead of a straight line like scissors. This poem got a lot of laughs at my recital at the OLLI mid-term celebration.

COLD REVENGE

MEN! You can’t live with them and you can’t live without them
A tempting solution would be to simply out them
Although killing would bring satisfaction sought
If I shoot him I just might get caught
And though this would bring the revenge that I yearn for
It wouldn’t be worth serving a prison term for
I ponder and ponder Oh what can I do
I must think of some way to get even with you
I can’t take any more; all your abuse makes me silly
So I’m cutting it off with my pinking shears and you’ll have a frilly dilly
And if you think this is too harsh then you haven’t been told
That revenge is a dish that’s always served cold

By Sue Raymer Woods
April 20, 2006

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the last two lines really are witty! and how would you ever dream up "frilly dilly". very clever...i like this one :D

Julia Raymer Keller

Anonymous said...

the last two lines really are witty! and how would you ever dream up "frilly dilly". very clever...i like this one :D

Julia Raymer Keller