Monday, August 07, 2006

GONE AND WHY

I recently shared a collection of my poetry with Lynne Kaufman, my instructor for The Well Made Story class. She commented that she enjoyed and related to the romantic poems. This inspired me to complete a few more, realizing that there was an audience for them. Apparently the world is filled with sufferers of unrequited love. So, I wrote Gone and Why next. These two are similar in meter, but Why is less dark as a little humor crept into it.

GONE

GONE, Is his loving touch
And the kiss that thrilled me oh so much
GONE is my dearest friend
Leaving me with a heart that won’t mend
GONE are walks down lover’s lane
Leaving me with an aching pain
GONE are all the years that I waited
Leaving a thirst that cannot be sated
GONE is eternal Spring
And my dreams of a wedding ring
GONE are trips to the moon
And our plans for a honeymoon
He’s GONE leaving me alone
With no one to call my own
He’s GONE and he won’t be back
How will I get back on my track?

By Sue Raymer Woods
March 28, 2006

WHY?

WHY? When your love was gone?
WHY? Do you string me along?
YOU know we will never be
So WHY don’t you set me free?
WHY? If you found someone new
WHY? Not let me find someone too?
WHY? Hurt your truest friend
With a wound that will never mend?
WHY? Keep a heartless farce?
WHY? Kick me in the arse?
YOU lied and you’re being forewarned
“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”

by Sue Raymer Woods
March 27, 2006WHY?

No comments: