Monday, August 07, 2006

LOVE SCENES

Love Scenes is my favorite romantic poem. It has been published in The International Who's Who In Poetry. I included it in the play I wrote for my Playwriting Class at OLLI. It was great to hear it recited by the actress from the class. There is a link from my blog to the OLLI website. I encourage all to use the link to look at the classes offered by OLLI.

LOVE SCENES

Most lovers play these roles
One submits, and one controls
You HAD to be the FIRST to quit
And now I’m getting over it

Opposites attract I know
When I go fast, you go slow
When I’m up, you’re always down
When I’m sad you play the clown
When I praise, you berate
When we fight, I MUST placate
It’s sad it has to end this way
But, we can’t change the roles we play
We clearly aren’t a perfect fit
And so I’m getting over it

As the curtain falls on our lovers’ play
There’s nothing left for me to say
I’ll have just ONE more crying fit
And then I’m getting over it

by Sue Raymer Woods
June 19, 2006

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorites

Anonymous said...

This poem was my favorite Sue, it just hit home for me.

Marie Nelson