Friday, July 28, 2006

NO MORE DUMB BLONDE JOKES

NO MORE DUMB BLONDE JOKES has been shared with all my blonde friends, I always include it in my recitals at O.L.L.I, as it gets laughs and I love hearing people laugh at my poems

NO MORE DUMB BLONDE JOKES

Your sudden death you might provoke
If you tell me one more dumb blonde joke
I wonder why this is never said
Of gals whose hair is black, brown or red
You need a class in chemistry to teach
The scientific facts of bleach
It’s used to change hair from dark to light
And has nothing to do with whether we’re bright
My hair once was red but I changed to blonde
That didn’t make me dumb and I don’t have more fun
If you say I’m dumb I’m going to refute you
And if you keep it up, I’ll likely shoot you
I’ll tell the judge I shouldn’t be tried or scolded
“I’m blonde I didn’t know the gun was loaded”

By Sue Raymer Woods
May 9, 2005

1 comment:

sfstreets said...

Great poems, Sue! (I've been out of the loop for a week -- it's great to see all your new work.) Thanks