Saturday, July 22, 2006

BIO POEM

Bio Poem was written for my Memoir Writing Class at OLLI. My instructor, Dave Weir was very helpful in getting my writing going,

BIO POEM

Welcome to my world
Starring me
Here I am
For all to see
I was born in 39,Pisces is my sign
Pisces, two fish swimming in opposite directions
Does this explain my imperfections?
Although I was born in Kentucky
We moved to Indy to get lucky
Mom and dad wanted a boy, but I wasn’t a him
So they had to wait six years for my brother, Jim
Gee I’m glad I’m not one of THEM!
For girls are made of sugar and spice
And boys from things that aren’t as nice
A tomboy I tried hard to be
But I remained a girl as you can see
I loved to run and climb the trees
I wasn’t a lass who tried to please
In 61 I was wed
But we didn’t do what the preacher said
We got divorced in 67
Our marriage wasn’t made in heaven
You don’t know what happiness is until you get married,….. and then it’s too late
To be a divorcee was my fate
But then I didn’t fit in, oh what a pity
So in 69 I moved to the City
From San Francisco I’ll never depart
It has the Golden Gate Bridge and Tony B’s heart
It has North Beach and China town
And cable cars that go up and down
It’s never to hot and rarely too cold
It’s the perfect spot, for me to grow old
I hope you enjoyed my bio poetry
I ‘m no Cole Porter, but I try hard to be
But I hope you’ll share your bio poems with me

By Sue Raymer Woods, March 17, 2005

No comments: