Friday, July 28, 2006

DON’T SAY YOU WILL IF YOU’RE NOT GONNA CALL

DON’T SAY YOU WILL IF YOU’RE NOT GONNA CALL was my next poem. Some say it woould make a good country/western song.

DON’T SAY YOU WILL IF YOU’RE NOT GONNA CALL

Don’t say you will if you’re not gonna call
T’would be better to just say nothing at all
I don’t understand why YOU MEN do that
I know that it’s caused many a lover’s spat
I must be naive, I didn’t have a hunch
That you just didn’t mean it when you said “Let’s do lunch”
I wait, wait and wait for your call that won’t come
Now I know why they say that all blondes are dumb
Yes I’m a blonde, but please don’t call me stupid
I’m gonna have a talk with that jerk they call cupid
I’ll tell him not to shoot his arrows in my heart
So I’ll fall for some guy who right from the start
Will promise a call that he’ll never make
And that is the cause of this blonde’s heartache
So, don’t say you will if you’re not gonna call
T’would be better to just say nothing at all

By Sue Raymer Woods
May 5, 2005

No comments: