Thursday, May 07, 2009

IRRECONCILABLE DIFFERENCES and I'M SWEARING OFF OF YOU...AGAIN

I'm back in my Dorothy Parker mode in these poems.

IRRECONCILABLE DIFFERENCES

I finally found the man of my dreams.
But our romance fell apart at its seams
Religious dispute made our love forbidden..,

Because, he thought he was God and I didn’t.

By Sue Raymer Woods
May 2, 2009

I’M SWEARING OFF YOU… AGAIN

It seems the last time didn’t take,
And you’re in every vow I break.
Our love’s over, why pretend?
I’m swearing off you…again.
Each time we make-up,
Just ends in a break up,
I’m through Beginning the Beguine,
So I’m swearing off you…again
I’m determined I will find
A man that won’t be so unkind.
You can’t even be my friend.
I’m swearing off you…again.
I’m no longer gonna fall,
For your promise that you’ll call.
I won’t seek your love in vain.
I’m swearing off you… again.

By Sue Raymer Woods
April 10, 2006
Revised August 19, 2009

2 comments:

Beki Raymer said...

very funny. :)

Brian said...

I like this.