Friday, October 12, 2007

I NOW SEE TREES

This poem was inspired from an in class writing assignment at Diane Frank's Auto-Biography class at OLLI.

I NOW SEE TREES

Since knocking gently upon Death’s door
I’m seeing trees like never before
Trees in their glorious shades of green
Are revealing details I’d never seen
I marvel at the variety
Of all the trees that I now see
Trees rising to majestic heights
Are one of earth’s most glorious sights
Trees for shade or any reason
Wearing new clothes for every season
Trees with fruit we all can reach
An apple, pear or juicy peach
And, yes with Kilmer I agree
That poems are made by fools like me
But only God can make a tree

By Sue Raymer Woods
October 10, 2007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this poem. It is warm, and brings me close to nature. Thank you!
Conchita GH